UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I applied for the EEA residence card with my wife and the application

I applied for the EEA residence card with my wife and the application was refused last year. We appealed and it was granted by the judge on the 18th of June 2014. The home office were given the opportunity to appeal against the decision and I confirmed two months ago that they did not appeal. I have not heard anything from the Home office as per granting me the residence card and returning my passport which they have held for over 4 years. I was told it normally takes 8 weeks from the date my appeal was granted but it has been almost 16 weeks now. What should I do and who do I contact because I have written a letter to the home office but i have not had any reply back now for close to 8 weeks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear this.

I suggest that you make a formal complaint against the Home Office for the delay in implementing the appeal decision.

The complaints procedure is set out here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

If you are not happy with the way your complaint is handled, you may take the matter to your local MP and ask the MP to refer it to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

May I help further?