Ely
Ely, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
7286322

hi is it true comming from RUSSIA YOU ARE STOPPED FROM LEAVING

hi is it true comming from RUSSIA YOU ARE STOPPED FROM LEAVING IF YOU OW MONEY ON A DEBT,YOU MUST BE ABLE TO HAVE AT LEAST £52 PER DAY TO SPEND FOR DURATION OF YOU STAY IE 30 DAYS=£4700
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.
Can we break the question down into two parts? Are you asking:
1) Whether someone can be stopped from leaving Russia due to a debt, and
2) If they have to demonstrate that they have a certain amount of money to spend per day in the UK?
Is this what you mean?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI ***** EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW THANKS RAY

Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, Ray.
1) Russia does have a law that individuals who have an outstanding tax debt, or sometimes, a civil debt that may be tied up in Court. However, scammers often use that rule to claim that they need money to free themselves to go abroad... but in reality only want to take your money and run! See here. Please, be careful!
2) UK minimum requirements for funds apply mostly to STUDENTS. See here.
I have a feeling you are being scammed. Be careful!
Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear, because this would be unfair to you. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.