UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My husband is non-EU citizen. Me and my two children have British

My husband is non-EU citizen. Me and my two children have British passports. Currently we live outside UK ( I am furnishing my PhD course in UK). I want to divorce and bring my younger child to UK and live here. My older son is in a boarding school in UK. Do I have right to live with my children in UK if my husband disagree?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you do have a right to reside with your children in the UK even if your husband disagrees if you obtain a child arrangement order from the court in the UK, see here:

https://www.gov.uk/looking-after-children-divorce/types-of-court-order

Your youngest son needs to be in the UK first before you can apply for the above order.

May I help further?