UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I was born in London , I have a British PASSPORT,therefore

I was born in London , I have a British PASSPORT,therefore I am a British Citizen.
I have one biological son who also have a British passport ,he too is a British Citizen.
I also adopted two children in outside UK . The adoption took place legally in Nigeria
Pls are my two adopted children not entitle to becoming British Citizen with Their own British a Passport?
What step should I take to make this possible as is causing problem in my household
The law says both biological and adopted should have equal right.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

As Nigeria is not a convention country, you will need to apply for an adoption order in the UK courts to complete the adoption process before your adopted children will be entitled to British passports.

I would suggest that you see a Family lawyer who deals with adoption orders to assist you in making an application in the UK.

Hope this helps