UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello to whom it may be concerned, I am currently holding

Hello to whom it may be concerned,
I am currently holding a Student tier 4 general visa that is going to be expired on the 13/10/14. I am holding a valid Malaysian passport. I would like to change my student visa into a visitor visa. Can I leave UK and come back after a day or two after my student visa expiration and come back as a visitor?
Louis
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
If you are a genuine visitor and show evidence why you are visiting the UK after studying here and show evidence that you will return back to Malaysia at the end of your visit, you may be admitted although it is likely that you will be questioned about returning to the UK so soon to visit after the end of your student visa.
So the answer to your question is, yes, you can do so but be expect for some tough questioning and possible refusal at the UK Border from entering the UK.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello thank you for your kind reply,

I actually have a few NHS job interviews coming up in the next few weeks. Would it be okay to mention to the immigration officer that I will be looking for a job and attending interviews during my holiday visa time? Basically is it possible to keep looking for work if I am on a holiday visa?

Louis

Although it is notprohibited to do so, you will find it difficult to re-enter the UK as a visitor I am afraid. Sorry but I can only be honest.

However, the final decision will be with the immigration officer.

All the best-please leave feedback