Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I had my appeal on the 15/08/2014 for indefinate leave to remain.

I had my appeal on the 15/08/2014 for indefinate leave to remain. It was allowed and the decision date is 11/09/2014. I called three weeks later to find out if the decision was challenged by the home office and i was told they didn't. However reading from forums online, i now realise I have a long wait for my documents to and stamped passport to come back.
In the meantime, Can I apply for work and will employers accept my allowed appeal letter as right to work?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Although you can apply for jobs now it is unlikely that an employer will take the risk of actually employing on the basis of the allowed appear letter alone. Generally, they are not experts and they will simply look for the stamp in your passport so they will probably have to wait for your passport to be returned.
I would perhaps make them aware of the fact that your passport will be returned and advise them of the time you have waited already and continue to chase the home office.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom