Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I want to ask how to apply for my mum to come and live in England

I want to ask how to apply for my mum to come and live in England with me she have only me . She already have work permit to work in italy
I am british citizen. My mum already have visa visitor for here but what is the best way to apply for permanent visa.
Please if you can send some information how to apply thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
What nationality is your mother please?
Does she qualify for Italian citizenship yet after working there?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My mum is from albania. in italy she got work permit as her job is caretaker so she lives in their home.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.
Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can she transfer that here

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
I’m afraid that if you are a Uk citizen then your mother does not really have any additional rights to come to the UK than any other Albanian citizen.
The only rights that citizens have in these circumstances is to attempt to get an adult dependent relative visa, which you can only get if your parent is incapable of looking after themselves in the country that they are in and that they cannot receive the care they require in that country. As your mother works this would not apply to her.
I assume that she is not an a relationship with a UK citizen, EEA citizen or foreign national who has leave to remain in the UK,
Therefore, the best way forward for her at the present time is to check the an Italian lawyer or Italian immigration authority as to how long it would be until she qualifies to naturalise as an Italian citizen. If she is able to do this then she would hold an Italian passport and could come to the UK freely to live under EEA rights.
If this is not a possibility then the only option that she would have to come here and work (assuming she does not have access to £200, 000.00 for investment in to UK business would be under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that she could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/308513/shortageoccupationlistapril14.pdf
If your job is not on this list then this means that her employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the home office that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role,.
She would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility
I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I fergot to say I have got British passport now and that my husband is English does that help

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** noted you were a UK citizen from your original question. I'm afraid that it does not really afford your mother any additional rights to other UK citizens.
The only one that it does give is that if your mother were to become unable to carry out day to day tasks without care then it might be possible for her to apply for an adult dependent relative visa, but I assume this is not applicable since she works and is therefore able to look after herself sufficiently.
I am sorry.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok is that I will have a baby soon and is more easy she to be here than Italy

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Unfortunately, having a grandchild would also not change the position either.
Kind regards,
Tom