UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello Madam, my name is ***** ***** Student of Computer

Customer Question

Hello Madam,
my name is ***** ***** Student of Computer Science at Greenwich School of Management, am a permanent Resident of UK. I have had my Live-in-UK Certificate more than four years a go. My question is, Ma, to do my neutralisation, do I still to go for proof of English?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, for naturalisation, you need to show both the life in the UK test certificate and an English language certificate.
If you have a degree at bachelors level or higher in the UK, you will meet the English language requirement, see here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/302681/20140410_Immigration_Rules_-_Appendix_KOLL_MASTER.pdf
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really apreciate your respond to my question. I promised to leave a tip later before the week runs out.
Please keep up with your prompt respond and accurate answer.
Thank you Samson.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Expert

I have gone through the link that you sent with your reply-"Immigration Rules Appendix Koll". In the part 3- (exception)- 3.2-(a)/(vi)

"(vi) paragraph 287 and the applicant has had, as at the day on which the

application is made, continuous leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom for at least 15 years under paragraph 281 or paragraph 284,

or

(vii) paragraph 295G and the applicant has had, as at the day on which the application is made, continuous leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom for at least 15 years under paragraph 295B or paragraph 295D".

I have read this paragraph over and over, less I understood. If this paragraph is what I have in mind, then I do not think I need to go for any proof of English Language. Before I applied for my indefinite stay,

I have been in the country for more than 15years hence, I got my indefinite through 'Long Stay'.

If this is not what the paragraph interpretation meant or it is. Help me expatiate more please, and let me know my stand.

I will be expecting your reply.

Samson.

Please see this guide which explains the 15 year exemption:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342468/KoLL_v15.0EXT.pdf

If you provided English language pass when you obtained ILR, you do not need to provide it again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Expert
As i have promised. i paid £15 for the bonus today.
Also I need another favour from you. Since I have to take proof of English Language, I need the detials of aproved Home Office centre. I have checked the internent but no luck.
Samson.
Thank you for the bonus. Much appreciated.
Please see here for a list of approved English language tests
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/368123/Approved_secure_English_language_tests_-_updated_November_2014.pdf
Hope this helps