UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hi, I was born in uk in 1985, I do not have British passport

hi, I was born in uk in 1985, I do not have British passport as my parents was not British I have four kids with an European citizen, my kids has Norway passport. what can I apply for to get a stay in uk.

I came to the uk with a visa in 2008 , and I have not gone back to Africa. I have four children with a man with nowegian passport. my kids got Norway passport. am not married to their father.

the father of my kids is ready to apply for me as the mother of his children. what step do I take. what should I do?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Are you living with the father of your children and are you still in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello, am still in the uk but am not living with the father of my kids. he is also in the uk. my visa expired so I am just here.

If your children are studying here in the UK and you are their primary carer, you may apply for a Derivative Residence Card, it does not matter that your visa has expired. See here for the application form DRF1:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/343530/Derivative_Residence_Card_08-14.pdf

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you so much. please I would like to know what are the requirements ,I do not work at the moment. I am on benefit and I receive my children benefits too. how will this be possible? thanks

The requirements are that you have to be the primary carer of your children. the father of the children can write a letter confirming this which you can submit with your application for the Derivative Card.

All the best-please leave feedback