Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My Girlfriend is Ukranian and lives in the Ukraine. We are

My Girlfriend is Ukranian and lives in the Ukraine. We are applying for a UK Fiance Visa in Ukraine to enable us to Marry & for her to live in the UK with me,
We have been told we need to Supply a Confirmed Marriage Date in the UK?
Is this Correct please?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Yes, that is normal. Part of the criteria for a fiancé visa is that you must evidence your genuine intention to marry once she is in the UK.
This means that you must supply such evidence showing that you intend to marry. Part of this is obviously picking a venue and date to marry. Presumably you will book somewhere which is authorised to marry and so you should therefore provide documentary evidence of this booking.
You should also back it up with your personal statements referring to the date which you will marry and confirming that you will marry on this date.
Such other things as invitations, correspondence referring to the proposed date for marriage and other bookings for the wedding are also helpful and if you have documentary evidence of this then I would include this as well.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom