UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi. I am a british overseas citizen, my wife and kids are portugese

Customer Question

Hi. I am a british overseas citizen, my wife and kids are portugese nationals i have renounced the country i have come from and therefor state less, i have been here for the past seven years and would like to be a british national.
So could you please tell how to go about it and the how much it would cost me..
Thanking you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

You are not eligible to register as a British Citizen under S. 4B of the British Nationality Act 1981 if you voluntarily renounced your home country citizenship.

However, if you have been resident in the UK for the past 7 years as you say, you may apply for registration using form B(OTA), see here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/261535/form_bota.pdf

The fees are 823 pounds, see here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301380/Master_Fees_Leaflet_Apr_2014.pdf

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you can i do it through you and how much would it cost me.and if i could get your phone no.

Thanking you very much.

I am afraid we are not allowed to act for clients outside of this website. Sorry.

You may look for an immigration lawyer in your area or on the Law Society website.

All the best