LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Very experienced solicitor with oce 15 years experience
76316425

My wife and I went to Prague last weekend.We left from

Customer Question

My wife and I went to Prague last weekend. We left from Stansted Airport. There were 2 security officers, one male and one female. The female insisted on body searching my wife, because "she hesitated" going through the security gate. She did not know that I was watching her. The way she conducted this search was completely inappropriate: She felt inside her groins, across her breasts and was extremely rude and shouted at her to get her shoes off. Is this acceptable? Regards, Dr.J.C.Kotze

(My wife looked at me and said something to me in Afrikaans. The officer stopped and shouted at her: "What did you just say?"

My wife told her that she was speaking to me. The officer again shouted "What did you say?"

My wife said "I just told my husband that I am coming"

The officer turned around and saw me and then stopped with her overly extensive body search.

Bot my wife and I have been searched before at airports, but I have never felt so humiliated and intimidated and I have never seen anyone being searched in this way.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a lawyer with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Did htis security oerson have a number on her uniform and did you note it down?

JACUSTOMER-a1mgbgs4- :

Unfortunately I did not make a note of her name or number, as I didn't know whether she could stop us from boarding the flight, however, we went through

JACUSTOMER-a1mgbgs4- :

we went through the fast track security lane and there were only 2 officers, one male and one female and no other passengers at this fast track gate. The female officer had ginger hair and we went through at about 16h25 on Friday the 21/11/2014

Customer:

It certainly sounds as if your wife was the victim of, at the very least, unprofessional conduct and you should certainly complain about it. I would suggest that you write in detail precisely what happened and to it now and sign and date the notes as you then have an early written record that can be used in evidence if necessary. I assume your concern is to prevent this unpleasant experience happening to anyone else. Was the searcher wearing a uniform and if so do yo know for which service?

JACUSTOMER-a1mgbgs4- :

yes, she was wearing a uniform and I assume she's working for Stansted Airport.

JACUSTOMER-a1mgbgs4- :

I have complained in writing, on Monday, but still no response from the airport

Customer:

I am having a bit of difficulty working out who you should complain to . I am working on it and will get back to you# ***** I have worked it out.