UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen, my wife is Argentine (on a 2 year working

I am a British citizen, my wife is Argentine (on a 2 year working visa). We were married in the UK one year ago, and in February we will have a baby (who will be born in the UK)
In April My job will be relocated to Dubai. I want my wife to be able to come back to the UK with me to live after the work contract has finished (in 2 or 3 years’ time). What should I do? Can I get her a UK residency before we go to Dubai?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Any residency visa will expire if she is away from the UK for more than 6 months and any indefinite leave to remain will lapse if she is away from the UK for more than 2 years.

I would advise you that a few months nearer the time you will be moving back to the UK, your wife applies for a spouse visa based on your marriage to her. As the UK immigration rules change from time to time, you will need to see what the rules are in force at the time.

In other words, it is too early to start worrying about a UK residency visa for her, you need to wait until it is nearer the time you will be moving back to the UK.

Hope this helps