Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am an indian citizen currently residing in india. is there

Customer Question

I am an indian citizen currently residing in india. is there any way you can suggest to me ways to aquire a work visa if I just come to uk on a tourist visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
I'm afraid that there is no way you would be able to secure a work visa after entering the UK on a visit visa. This is because a visit visa is subject to the requirement that you must leave the UK before the expiry of the visa, this is taken to mean that you cannot switch to another visa category.
This is applied very strictly by the home office and if you attempted to switch then it would hurt your future applications.
If you wish to secure a work visa then you would have to apply from your home country. Most people without lots of money apply for Tier 2 general visas:-
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview
I am sorry but you would prejudice your future chances by entering on a visit visa and attempting to stay
Tom