UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hello there. I am looking at bringing my Thai girlfriend to

Customer Question

hello there. I am looking at bringing my Thai girlfriend to the UK to visit and meet my family and show her around England. I have filled out the visa application form online, printed this off and paid for this service. We have an appointment in Bangkok to have her photo and finger prints taken in January 2015 along with this application form. The form states I can supply more documentation to support the application, what documentation do you advise on taking? Also if visa is accepted what documents would my girlfriend need if she is stopped at immigration at London Heathrow?  If it helps I live at home with my parents who have consented to let her stay here at the family home, i do work 36 h/PW and money is no issue so i am able to support my Thai girlfriend alone. If there is anything I have missed out please let me know. Lewis.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello Lewis,

The main documents are proof that she will return back to Thailand at the end of her UK visit and that she/you will be able to pay for her trip.

Such documents may include evidence of family ties in Thailand, employment, business, ownership of properties in Thailand, or proof of her studying in Thailand if that is the case, basically any document which helps to show that she will return back to Thailand after her UK visit.

May I help further?