Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hello, my ukrainian Girlfriend has been refused a Fiancee

Customer Question

my ukrainian Girlfriend has been refused a Fiancee Visa on the Grounds referred to in section 84(1) (c),the Visa was applied for in Kiev.they state that when she visited the UK on a Tourist Visa she made no mention of knowing me nor had any relations there,
they also mention that i had visited the Ukraine twice before this visit, they say they do not believe that we are a Genuine Couple & think that our proposed Marriage is just to facilitate her entry to the UK, i can asure you that we are 100% Genuine (i am a Millionaire) & would have no intention of any Wrong Doing,what do you think the chance of a Succesful Appeal would be please? we really are Totally Commited to each other,
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
Did you instruct a solicitor to prepare the application on your behalf?
What evidence of your relationship did you submit with the application?
Kind regards.
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply,no the Application was not submitted by a Solicitor on our Behalf,

But yes we did Submit a lot of Very Detailed Evidence about our Relationship,every visit she made to the UK was fully Supported with Photographs & the Actual Documents of each Visit ,ie the London Eye,various Museums in London,a Trip to Paris for her Birthday with lots of Pictures of the Eiffel Tower & Boat Trips on The Saine,

As i have said this Relationship is Totally Genuine & if need be i can get some quite High Powered People to Verify me as an Honest & Genuine Person,

Thanks for your Help in this Matter,

Regards,

Tim.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience.
If the documents that you refer to were submitted with the application then I would expect that an appeal is probably the only way that you're going to get around this, because it seems to be they they have a fundemental with your girlfriend's credibility. I assume that this is because of the fact she did not mention her relationship with you in previous visits.
On appeal evidence get's a fairer hearing and you can give testimony. If your girlfriend gives credible testimony then it is likely that she will be approved.
It does not sound like they have a problem with your credibility, so the help from your friends may not be as required as getting them to accept your girlfriend's intentions are genuine.
I would instruct a UK based immigration soliciotr as soon as possible to give you an intial opinon on the adequacy of the application submitted (which sounds fine, by the way) and there opinion on the likelihood of success on appeal (which will likely be promising). You can then instruct them to submit your notice of appeal and start strategising the argument on appeal and contact your girlfriend.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom