Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Hi If my mum is holding a Hong Kong SAR passport (not Visa

Customer Question

Hi If my mum is holding a Hong Kong SAR passport (not Visa National) and an American passport. She wants come to visit me due to my child birth, can she switch to EEA dependent visa after arrival? My husband is a EEA citizen and is exercising treaty right here for nearly 5 years. Thanks. Under this circumstances, can she access to NHS service?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your quesiton and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If she is coming to England to use the NHS for pre planned treatment it is likely she will be asked to pay in advance for any treatment.
If she has an accident or visits for emergency care, it is possible she may be charged but less likely.
So yes she can access the NHS, depending on what she requires it for, it maybe subject to a charge.
AJ