Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I am a British citizen, originally from Nigeria. My sister

I am a British citizen, originally from Nigeria. My sister is resident in Nigeria and has two children (a girl (3) and a boy (1)). Both of the children were born in UK at Good Hope Hospital (NHS private patient service). The children are currently staying with her in Nigeria. I understand that the children though born here are not eligible for citizenship unless they stay in UK for 7 years. What are the options available to us. Someone suggesting me adopting the children, how does this work. Another suggested applying for residence for them as their guardian.
Category: Immigration Law
Can you afford to pay the school and medical expenses of the children for the next seven years if they come to the UK to live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you talking about paying for private school and private medical expenses

HI
Yes I am afraid so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The answer is no. I was hoping the children will be eligible for public school and medicals if we are able to get them adopted or become their guardian.

I am afraid that the only basis on which this would be the case is if you actually adopted the children.
This will only be successful if your sister was not able to care for the children for any reason - such as illness or incarceration.
You can certainly investigate the possibility of Adopting in Nigeria but the Uk does not Automatically recognise Adoptions which happened in Nigeria and you will still need to persuade the Uk authorities that there was a genuine need for the children to be adopted.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry was on holiday and didn't access the system. What about the option of being their Guardian.

That would only work if you were able to pay for private education and health for them I am afraid