UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

HiI have a British passport, and a Nigerian passport -

Customer Question

Hi I have a British passport, and a Nigerian passport - it is legal for me to have both, and I'm referred to as a NUK citizen. I've usually opted for a Right of Abode in my Nigerian passport, but have just been reissued with a new one. I'm wondering if it's actually worth my while renewing the ROA, that is, whether it is beneficial to me, or not, and whether I can retain my old passport, where it is, or do I need to apply for a new certificate in my new passport.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
If you have been issued with a British passport, then there is no need for you to have a right or abode in your Nigeria passport as your British passport confirms your right to abode.
I would not recommend that you renew your right of abode in your Nigerian passport, the uk does not prevent you from have two nationalities.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.