Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

i got denied entry into the uk Dec21 2014 i wanted to vacation

Customer Question

i got denied entry into the uk Dec21 2014 i wanted to vacation for 6 months with my fiance he is from the uk i was unprepaired not sure what to bring i sold my property had money invested plus i still had a place in canada but i brought 4 hockey bags full of clothes my golf clubs my cat i wasnt leaving him in a kennel for 6 months all my documents just incase the sale of my property criminal check finger printing proof that i have enough money to support myself for 6 months and not be a burden on the economy in the uk.i had a return ticket they said they didnt feel my intentions were to visit but to move to the uk i wish to go back soon for a 3 week visit but scared now i will only get denied again cause im flagged now all i need is a cleared visitors visa yes then i can go visit for 3 weeks??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for ypour patience.
Are you a Canadian citizen?
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes im canadian born and raised my fiancee lived with me here in canada for 4 years then he got denied had to go back to uk i was going to vacation then come back to canada and start the immagration process for me to be a pr there in uk :) i want to go back and visit for 3 weeks so im trying to talk to the british consulate so they can give me a document clearing me of visitors visa for 3 weeks

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
I will answer as 9 am.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
The right to enter without a visa is technically discretionary, which means that the home office can refuse a person entry if they consider that there is a possibility that they will seek to remain in the UK after the visit.
I expect that the reason they have taken this view is because you have a fiancé in the UK and generally this puts you in a higher risk category. The fact that you had your dog and also evidence of the sale of your home would also have made them suspicious.
My suggestion would be to apply for a visit visa before you travel, even though you are a Canadian citizen, because of the fact that they had suspicious.
The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds
You have to try and show them that you have continuing obligations in your home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that you are not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from your employer stating you have a job (if she does) and are expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, bank statements showing the money you have available and evidence of other responsibilities that you have which will continue after the visit.
I would also suggest that you do put your pet in a kennel for the three week duration and submit evidence of that fact, because this is plainly a reason which will compel you to return after the visit.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you were awsome and very helpfull Tom i thank you very much for your responce!!! hope you had a happy new year thank you again.

kind regards ***** *****Laughing

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Dear Coralea,
You're welcome. Good luck.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided or otherwise rate my answer. .
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Tom your have been awsome one more question so when i apply for my visitors visa for 3 weeks or a month i get it when i arrive at the uk again can they deny me???