UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi I entered in UK 2009 as student and then updated to PSW,

Customer Question

I entered in UK 2009 as student and then updated to PSW, which is valid till around the end of 2013. In 2013 I applied for visa through living relationship with my parter from poland. I went though the appeal process and got the visa on 01 April 2014 - till 01 April 2019 to stay. After getting the visa I went Bangladesh for a stay of 3 months from June to August Ending. From the time I came back I can see some disturbances in my relationship and now I want to break up.
My question is : If I break up, do I still have the right to stay in UK??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
No, unfortunately not, if you end your relationship with your partner you will no longer be able to stay in the UK and would need to return to your home counrty as soon as possible.
You can however, switch to another visa category such as a Tier 2 worker and then continue residing in the UK on that basis, but if you end your relationship with your partner you will no longer be able to reside in the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your update....

While browsing the web I came across some information like, if I stay in relationship for atleast one year from the time I got visa. I can apply for a right to stay here....is their any option like that.....

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The only option would be whats called retained rights of residence, this means that in you had been married to your partner for at least 3 years but have resided in the UK with your partner for at least 1 year.
In your case you would need to have resided in the UK for 3 years with your partner, as this is not the case you are not eligible to apply under this regulation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was residing with my partner from November 2010, but at that time I'm on PSW..

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, only time spent together after obtaining the resident permit is counted, time before this will not be counted. So time spending having a PSW will not be counted.
I hope this clarifies the matter.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything further I can assist you with, if not, please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.