How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7626
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

If my 3 years discretionary leave is due to expire by 15/02/2015, When

Resolved Question:

If my 3 years discretionary leave is due to expire by 15/02/2015,
When can I apply for an extension?
What form can I use and how do I obtain this form?
How much is the fee?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
How did you obtain discretionary leave? On what basis and does the same basis still apply?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was granted my discretionary leave on the basis that I then had a 7 years old son whose father was British and was married. When I came on a visit to the UK I realized I needed to remain and look after my son because he was being 'abused' by his step-mother.

The same basis still apply, and my son is now with me.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
A discretionary application is an application outside the normal immigration rules, which means that it is an application not covered by the forms relating to a particaulr visa category.
This means that you must use Form FLR(O), which is available for download here:
If you are applying for just you (ie. because your child has ILR or is a UK citizen) then the fee is £601, according to the form page 3.
You will see that page 2 indicates how you can apply with the form.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you