Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

/Madam I made an application visa for

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam
I made an application for sellement visa for my wife to settled with me in the UK. The visa has been refused by the entry clearance officer on the basis that i did not meet the financial requirement. I sent all my financial documents as requested in the application form. and earn enough to meet the finalcial requirement as on the aplixcatiob form and i have enough savings. my wife is in mauritius and i am in the UK and i am a british citizen. please help.thx
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
How did you consider that you meet the financial requirement?
In what ways have the home office said that you do not meet the financial requirement? ie. the specific evidence-based reasons..
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I mmet the financial requirement according the amount mentioned in the application form.

The home office did not mentioned in what way i do not mmet the requirement all it says that i did not meet the finalcial requirement. No details given as how i did not mmet the finacial requirement.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Do you earn more than £18600 per annum from salaried employment?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Okay.
What documentary evidence did you provide to submit this please? I need you to be specific because if you are employed in the UK at above the salary threshold of £18600.00 then it should be relatively easy to prove..
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I send four months of my pay slip and bank statement.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Please refer to the following financial requirement guidance on the matter:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/371437/AnnexFM_Section_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
In particular please note at section 5.1 (I presume you have been employed in your current job for more than 6 months) that the requirement is that you must have been in receipt of the income from the job for more than 6 months.
You will further see on the following guidance at the bottom of page 2 that a minimum of 6 months payslips/bank statements must be provided:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf
If you have only provided 4 months worth of statements/payslips then this will be at least one of the reasons why your application has been rejected.
If your spouse is applying out of country then you could appeal, but it takes an extremely long time to arrange/hear any appeal (ie. a further 6-9 months) and given that you did not submit the evidence at the time of the application it seems that the home office have correctly rejected the application based on an insufficiency of evidence.
I know it’s frustrating, but if the priority is to get your spouse here as quickly as possible then the quickest thing to do would be to wait until your documents are returned and pass them to a UK based solicitor practising immigration law to check that you do not have any other similar evidential flaws in the application. They can check it and advise you on what else you need, but you would certainly need to provide 6 months of bank statements counting back from the date that the (further) application is submitted.
I really am sorry.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom