Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I just would like to know my kids can apply

I just would like to know my kids can apply passport as we got permenant residence (indefinite leave to remain) on 2013.thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks question.
Where and when were your children born please?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2007,2009 and 2014 all were born in uk.thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thank you question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If you have PR then you are regarded as being “settled” purpose of the British Nationality Act, which is the legislation which determines whether or not a person is a UK citizen.
Please refer to section 1(3) of the act here:-
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61
You will see in this section that a child who is born in the UK who is not automatically a UK citizen at birth is entitled to be registered as a UK citizen if either of their parents become “settled” in the UK. So, if you obtained PR after their birth then you would be able to register them as UK citizen. If you obtained PR before their birth then under s1(1) you would be able to apply passports straight away rather than registering first.
If you got PR after your children were born then you would have to register them by applying with form MN1. You can do this provided that the children are under 18 at the time of their birth:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-register-child-under-18-as-british-citizen-form-mn1
Good luck.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom