Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

. I have some questions about getting British Citizenship.

Customer Question

. I have some questions about getting British Citizenship. I lived in UK 12 years and I made a decision to make a claim. I'm from EU country, so I've never used any visas.
So, what do I need to do first, what kind of documents do I need to have (I've passed Life in UK test and I've got ESOL exam at Level 3), but I'm confusing with FORMS what I need to fill up.
I have started to work as a self-employer 2 years ago, I haven't worked since 2007(so I've got couples P 64 forms from my previous workplaces) and have had back at work 2012, as I have a disabled child.
Thanks in advance
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
,
Thanks question.
Have you applied Permanent Residence? ie by submitting the form on the following page:-
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/permanent-residence-card
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I haven't. Everything ehat I've got: ESOL exam Level 3 and Life in UK test results.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thank you question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
In order to apply as a UK citizen you must meet the following eligibility criteria:-
You will note that there is a requirement that you must be free from immigration time restrictions months when you apply .
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/check-if-you-can-apply
If you are an EEA national this means that you must have held Permanent Residence months before you apply .
Basically, I would suggest that you apply of your PR first because the application fee is very cheap as compared to naturalisation (£55 compared to £906). You can do this by using the link which was contained in my previous email.
Once you have your PR confirmed you must then wait 12 months and then apply provided that you meet the above eligibility criteria. You must complete form AN1 in order to do this, which is contained on the following link along with the applicable guidance notes:
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/how-to-apply
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Tom!

Great, service!

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.
Tom