A.Valcke
A.Valcke, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor 14+ years of experience // LL.B., Maîtrise en Droit, Masters in EU Law, Pg.Dip.L.P.
47098609

Does a perneant residance card holder from Cuba need a visa

Does a perneant residance card holder from Cuba need a visa to travel in the EU??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  A.Valcke replied 2 years ago.
A.Valcke :

A.Valcke :

A.Valcke :

Please could you confirm your nationality?

Customer: Cuban
Customer: now living in uk
Customer: I think I need to clarify in order you will be able to answer question
Customer: i am Cuban and now live in the UK I hold a per enact residence card and wish to travel to say Spain and other EU
Customer: I'm sorry this is not a answer
Customer: you have asked me a question
Customer: giveni I did say I am Cuban why ask what is my nationality .
Customer: i would like a answer to my question that you have charge me £26 for please .
A.Valcke :

Thank you for confirming your nationality.

A.Valcke :

Regrettably, your UK residence permit does not exempt you from the need for a visa.

Expert:  A.Valcke replied 2 years ago.

Regrettably, your UK residence permit does not exempt you from the need for a visa. (It is only if you held a residence card marked "family member of EEA national" that you would be exempt from a visa if you were to travel with your EEA relative).

Under Regulation 539/2001, Cuban nationals are required to have an entry visa to travel to Spain and other Schengen countries.

You should apply for a Schengen short-stay category C visa from the Spanish embassy in London. The application is made via their visa outsourcing agent, VFS Global. http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/london/

I hope this answers your question.

A.Valcke