UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

, I'm of Lebanese origin but I now have British citizinship

,
I'm of Lebanese origin but I now have British citizinship 7 years. My partner of 21 years (although we are not legally married) is French. We have two kids born in UK: Girl born on 18.09.2003 and boy born on 16.02.2010.
The Kids have French passports. We were told that the kids are now allowed British citizinship, is this true and are they entitled to British passports or do we need to be married first?
Walid
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
,

Your boy is automatically British and you may apply British passport .

Your girl is not automatically British as she was born before July 2006 but an application may be made to register her as a British Citizen if you can prove that you are her father (e.g. your name is ***** ***** birth certificate as the father and the birth certificate was issued within 1 year of her birth) and her mother consents to the registration as a British Citizen.

As the child is over 10 years, she must be of good character.

The registration application form MN1 is here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/318563/Form_MN1_June_2014.pdf

May I help further?