Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am travelling abroad every month rest of this year

I am travelling abroad every month for the rest of this year and my British passport is due for renewal in early September, the passport office advise a 4 week turn around, also that some countries want at least 6 months validity on a passport before allowing entry.
on that basis in the interim period while i'm waiting for a new British passport would I be able to leave and return to Britain on my Irish passport as I hold dual nationality.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If you hold a full/valid ROI passport then you can attempt to enter a particular country on that passport.
Obviously, whether the country will let you in depends on their visa requirements for Irish citizens.
If you are travelling within the EEA area then you will be fine because you an an EEA citizen as a ROI passport holder, which also means that you will be able to enter the UK with no problems.
However, if you propose to enter other non-EEA countries then you would have to the check with the relevant country’s consular department to ensure that the visa requirements for the particular country that you wish to visit are the same for Irish citizens as they are for UK citizens.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom