UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

. I need a very urgent answer regarding an immigration

Customer Question

. I need a very urgent answer regarding an immigration issue. I am a british citizen and my sons father is not. He has applied to remain based on his son but we are no longer together. The UK visas and immigration are requesting my documents that states he still supports me with the child. My question is if he was granted leave to remain would it be indefinite or certain amount of time?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
,
You should not lie to the immigration authorities. If you are not living together and he does not support you, you should state so. If he does support you, you should state so.
As duration of his grant of leave, this would depend on how long he has lived in the UK and the basis of his application. It could be indefinite leave or limited leave to remain. You may ask this question directly to the immigration authorities .
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has been very supportive of his son but we no longer live together since our son was one month. He has been in the UK now. If he was granted leave to remain would he be limited to work only certain hours?
If he was granted limited leave to remain, he would be allowed to work full time duration of his limited leave.
Hope this helps