UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Deciding the date of expiry leave

Customer Question

Deciding the date of expiry leave.

I mean, my visa expired at 2017 . My company under risk of closure and my company is my sponsor on TIER 2. the time i can apply in october. Can i stay in UK until october then apply in case i wont find new sponsor company? what other option i have got

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
, thank you question, I will be happy to help you today.
No, if your company is about to close and you will no longer be employed by your company, you would need to find a new employer. The home office usually allow 60 days to find another employer or return to your home country and apply from there to a new visa. If you do not apply visa within the 60 days your visa will be curtailed.
I would recommend that you try and find another company willing to employ you in the UK. Once you have found another company you can then apply new Certificate of sponsorship and a new visa to be issued by the home office. Then once you have reached 5 years in the UK in October you are able to apply .
If you do not find another company and remain in the UK your visa is likely to be curtailed and you will no longer be eligible to apply .
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.