Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Visa extension application made June 2014, 2 interview appointments

Customer Question

Visa extension application made June 2014, 2 interview appointments were sent by home office to attend but by the time I collected them I had missed the interview as others live at property & letters must have got misplaced, I got refusal letter in November , I have appealed & my 10 year ilr is complete this week , what are my chances of winning appeal ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
.
thanks question.
when did you submit your application and when does your current leave to remain expire? Have you already written to the home office explaining what has happened?
Kind regards.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Visa extension applied in June a day before visa expired , I have not written to home office to explain what has happened , I have lodged appeal In November after receiving visa refusal , what are my chances of winning appeal ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thank you question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
It’s difficult to say how likely you are to be successful on appeal, because I do not know what the precise reasons refusal were apart from the interview.
If the reasons were simply because you were unable to attend so they were unable to establish a part of the eligibility criteria then your only chance would be to attempt to prove the particular piece of eligibility on appeal.
The most important thing that I can say to you is that because you right to apply leave to remain hangs on you wnning the appleal, I would certainly instruct a solicitor as soon as possible in order to act on appeal and possibly to also instruct counsel as well.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they made 2 attempts to contact me by post but I didn't attend interview that's why they refused visa. Do I have good chance of winning case or looks weak ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

If you can explain why you did not attend then you should be okay on this point, but if there are other issues with the application then you would have to deal with these on appeal as well.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom