Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

my husband and i have been married years, he is a jamaican,

Customer Question

my husband and i have been married for 7 years, he is a jamaican, but he was refused entry on the grounds that we do not have any proof that we met in 2002 ,but
they have document and accept that form 2007 we were in a relationship, the only reason why we had to keep our affair a secret was because i was a married woman, i go to jamaica every xmas to join him yet they are still not satisfied
what is your advice pls
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
What visa did he apply for? Visit visa? Spouse visa?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He applies for spouce visa as I am british
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience.
Kind regards.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Where there is any doubt or inconsistency the home office will reject and this appear to be what has happened here.
If there was something in your application that stated that you met in 2002 but there was no evidence to back it up then the home office would have probably expected you to explain why there was no evidence. If it is the case that you had to keep the relationship a secret then that is fine but you really need to lay it out for the home office as clearly and simply as possible.
If you are still within the time limit to submit your notice of appeal then you could appeal, but the appeal would only be allowed to hear evidence that actually existed at the time you submitted the application and it would also take about 6 months (possibly more) to actually set a date and hear the appeal.
A new application correcting the evidential omissions would be quicker than an appeal, so you may also consider submitting a new application. If you do, I would suggest attending a solicitor to get them to draft the application and also your respective witness statements explaining why there was no evidence for you meeting in 2002,
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With out the appeal number can I still get advice from a solicitor, as his documents were destroyed in a fire via the layer that was looking into his case, but I have the GWF number that was 1st given to h when his application was 1st summited
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing stopping you getting advice from the solicitor. The documents themselves would have been submitted with the application and your solicitor would only have kept copies.
If you were to appeal then you would need to consult with your solicitor as to whether this is the best option and probably request a copy of the file form the home office due to the fire, which might take some tim e.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom