Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I apply entrepreneur visa and all documents given

I apply entrepreneur visa and all documents given to agent ,now I am asking to return the documents he is refusing can I ask to home office to sent me the copies of refusal letter ,how many days it will take to come from home office.after that I want to apply review.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
,
Thanks question.
Who holds the documents at the moment? The agent or the home office?
Who is refusing the return them?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I applied 1 entrepreneur visa and it was refused and so home office given me the refusal letters and this letters I given to agent , but agent not giving my documents

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
,
Has the agent received the documents from the Home Office?
What is the agent's reason returning them?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't known

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thank you question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If the home office has not returned the documents to the agent yet then the agent obviously has to wait until they have returned them to him. Generally, it takes about three to five weeks home office to return the documents.
If you are based in the UK and have submitted your application entrepreneur visa after your current visa has expired then the home office would be entitled to hold your documents until you contact them to arrange to return home. Upon you leaving the country you would be issued the documents at the airport.
If the application is refused and you have not paid the agent work, then the agent might claim to have a “lien” of the documents, which is a right to hold them until such time as you have settled their bill. They can do this if this was in the agreement that you signed with them but they should not do it with your actual passport because it is a legal requirement to hold your passport at all available times.
You need to contact the agent asking over who (he or the home office) holds your documents and then take it from there.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom