UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am British and wish to work Egyptian family as a maternity

I am British and wish to work Egyptian family as a maternity nanny in Cairo where they live. I would be there 8 weeks. The family say all I require is a tourist visa which I would get on arrival. Is this legal? Surely I need some sort of work visa.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
,

You are quite correct, the tourist visa is purposes, not .

You would need a work permit, which needs to be applied Egypt by your employer, see here: http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/Consular_Services.php

It seems that your employer is taking a short cut by advising you to travel on a tourist visa although you will be working . This is illegal and you could be detained and deported from Egypt, please do not do it.

Hope this helps