Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

, My friend in Russia is planning to visit me in London for

Hi, My friend in Russia is planning to visit me in London for a week, but her visa application was refused because she went through an agent who apparently did it badly. Her employment letter was declared as a falsification and now the British embassy will probably reject any future applications too, because of this.
What can I do to help here come to London? Is there any way to sponsor her visit and guarantee that she returns to Russia - perhaps with a financial deposit or security? You can assume money is not an issue for now!
Thanks!
James
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What type of visa did she apply for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Holiday visa. 7 days. The agency needed to show she had a good income in Russia, so they apparently may have created a false employment certificate of some kind. My friend was not involved of course and thought they simply sorted everything out for a fee!

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is your friend actually in employment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes she is, but it is sporadic and I doubt she could get any clear proof of regular income. So perhaps this is why the agency just submitted some sort of template. This seems to be commonplace with agents there and here too.

Anyway, the question is whether there is an alternate way of guaranteeing her return to Russia rather than the usual proofs of employment etc. Personal financial guarantees by someone in the UK?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What family links does she have in Russia?
Has she travelled abroad in the past?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She is Russian. She has parents there.

Yes she has travelled many times. We normally meet in Europe and she had always got schengen visas easily and returned to Russia after her trips.

This black stamp in her passport will now affect her future applications for schengen too

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Has she been to the Uk before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't think so.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible to see a copy of the refusal letter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That would be difficult. But I have told the main points - the application was refused because they believed the employment certificate to be false. And they also said they may now refuse any future applications because of that. They referred to paragraph 320(7A) and 320(7B)

But please can we now start moving towards answers? In general what can someone in the UK do to help someone in Russia get a 1-week tourism visa. Is there any kind of sponsorship or guarantor programme of any kind? And specifically is there any way she can solve this problem of a black mark on her record?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I do appreciate your frustration - but without the specific details it is more difficult
The references however are very useful and you can read more about them here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-offender-rfl05-paragraph-3207b-and-a320/immigration-offender-rfl05-paragraph-3207b-and-a320
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/deception-in-an-application-rfl04-paragraph-3207a/deception-in-an-application-rfl04-paragraph-3207a
You freind MUST appeal the decision on the basis that she did NOT instruct the Agency to use false documentation and was not aware that they had done so
This is the only basis on which she will be able to avoid the penalty she faces.
At the same time as you can read here
You can read the general rules here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/343241/2014_08_Visitor_Documents.pdf
- look specifically at the bottom of page 2 and the start of age 3
A formal letter from you and details of your financial status MAY be of assistance
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. You said I could send a formal letter regarding my financial status, but did you mean to help her reverse her black-listing, or did you mean to help with a visa application in general. They are two separate issues. Or are you saying we should handle them both at the same time? Perhaps appealing and requesting the visa to be granted at the same time?

What exactly are you saying we should do? Make an appeal, get the black-listing removed and then apply for a visa? Or simply make an appeal, including a letter from me, and try to get the de-listing AND the visa at the same time?

Thanks!

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies.
She needs to appeal to avoid the blacklisting - but as part of the appeal process she can provide your formal letter and supporting documentations
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK great thanks. So she should get the blacklisting removed first and then, afterwards, apply for a visa? Should I send a sponsor's letter for the visa application too? So I would be submitting the letter twice? Or would it be a different letter in the two cases?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes to the timing - and the same letter will do for both
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.