UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have applied as a british citizen and

Customer Question

I have applied for natuarlisation as a british citizen and received a letter requesting a confirmation of an employment under WRS with an employer I have registered with 11 years ago, which was my first employer with whom I haven't completed one year then I have notified home office about change of employment but received no confirmation about.
at the moment I am employed by the same employer for last 6 years, what should I do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Since the WRS was scrapped in on 1 May 2011, you will need to exercise treaty rights for 5 years after this date I.e. Until 1 May 2016 before you become a permanent resident and you then have to wait for another year before you will qualify for British Citizenship I.e 1 May 2017.
If you did not register for WRS, your current application will be likely to be refused I am afraid.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have registered with my very first employer in UK back in November 2004, I have stayed with them only few months, I have a certificate to confirm my registration, then I have informed Home Office that I have changed my employer but unfortunately haven't received anything from them, but I've got a payslips to confirm my employment.
When I applied for my daughters passport back in 2012 they have never gone back to the beginning of my employment history, only 5 years back so don't quite understand why they did it now as I am with my current employer for 6 years now and since this WRS was scrapped wasn't aware that they will take it into account.
So what are my chances?
Thanks,
Kinga
I am afraid the process is quite rigid for nationality purposes and it you are unable to prove that you registered under the WRS as they ask you to prove, there is a strong likelihood that your application will be turned down, and you will have to reapply in the future as advised by me.
All the best