Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I have been in the UK than 8 years now. I came to

Customer Question

I am asking this question on behalf of my friend:

I have been in the UK for more than 8 years now. I came to the UK as a work permit holder and on July 2010, married to my French wife. Since then, I am on a EEA Family member residence. My wife naturalised as a British citizen last year and as far as I know, as I got my EEA right before 2012, I am eligible to apply BC as soon as I become permanent resident this July, without waiting 1 more year. And again as far as I know, I do not need to apply for EEA4 as it is automatic and just apply for BC. Is my knowledge so far correct? My question is that we were living together with my wife for 6 months before our marriage. Can I also count this six months for the permanent residence time and apply BC now instead of waiting until July?

Category: Immigration Law