James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I am tier1 general visa which is due to expire on March 2016

Customer Question

I am on tier1 general visa which is due to expire on March 2016 and i will become eligible for ILR. However, in septemeber 2014 i was charged with drunk in charge of vehichle and trial is due this year march. According to my lawyer, i will be mostly out of case however, in the worst case, i want to know what would be the options for me to apply for ILR or extend my visa ( may be temporary visa ) since we cant extend tier 1 general for more than 5 years , need to spend 24 months before ILR and also we can apply for ILR with tier 1 general after 2018.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long does it take to find the expert. I can wait till this friday. If not please cancel and refund the money.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you confirm what the likely outcome will be? Is it possible you will get a caution or even a conviction?
How long have you been in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Most likely i will be out of the case as it was a misunderstanding by police.

If worst case, i might get some points on my license or fine.

I have been in UK since jan 2008.

Srikanth