Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

there.my husband is English,im Mongolian.i have applied

Hello there.my husband is English,im Mongolian.i have applied for my ILR in November and waiting for it.meantime im wondering if threre are any possibility for my son to join us in UK to live with us who is over 18 please?he lives in Czeck republic with residential visa,but not EU citizen.thank you very much. Becky
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
I’m afraid that if your son is over 18 then he is regarded as an independent adult for the purpose of the immigration rules. Unfortunately, this means that he cannot rely on your status in order to apply for a visa and would have to make his own application independently.
If he is close to being able to naturalise as a Czech citizen then he should consider doing this, because once he holds a Czecg passport he will be an EEA citizen and can therefore enter the UK and work at at will.
If he is not able to naturalise and is not in a relationship with any UK citizen, foreign national holding ILR in the UK or EEA citizen and he wished to work in the UK then the most common visas are:-
1. Tier 2 General (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview)
2. Tier 1 Entrepreneur (https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/overview)
I am sorry that I could not have better news for you
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ***** for late reply.thank you for your help but disappointed...if the tier 1 is the one of the options could you explain for us what is it and how it's work pls in simple words.we have read about it difficult to understand. Best regards Becky
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
hi.
I will be able to answer at 9 a.m..
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
You have to have £200, 000.00 for investment in UK business in order to apply for a Tier 1 entrepreneur visa.
The webpage on it is here:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/overview
The £200, 000.00 actually has to be invested in a business that you are involved in. It's difficult to do anyway, but if you do not have access to the money then it's impossible.
A tier 2 application would be a much more likely option.
Kind regards,
Tom