Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

, I'm about to apply . I currently have a

Hi, I'm about to apply for citizenship. I currently have a family member in a detention centre, he wants my help with bail. Will that affect my application?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
No, you will still be fine. They are an independent person to you and your application will be judged on it's own merits.
The only way that it could affect your application is if you have testimony or made a statement with anything which is contradictory or inconsistent with the eligibilty criteria for naturalisation, which presumably you will not do and so therefore you will still be fine to naturalise.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom