Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am Romanian citizen and an American citizen by naturalisation. I

Customer Question

I am Romanian citizen and an American citizen by naturalisation.
I have the right to work in UK?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
As a Romanian citizen, if you have a Romanian passport then you are an EEA citizen. This means that you have the right to exercise treaty rights by working in the UK.
You would have to show your Romanian passport and I would suggest that you also apply for a Registration Card confirming your right to work in the UK:-
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate
Although it’s technically not a requirement it does make it easier for you to prove your right to work and also claim benefits if necessary.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom