UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My Pakistani parents applied settlement visa and were

My Pakistani parents applied for a settlement visa and were granted indefinite leave to enter the UK by May 2014. They arrived in the UK in 2012. My father passed away in February 2013 but my mother (76 years old) lives with me.
Do I need to do anything further - apply for indefinite leave to remain, settlement, nationality etc.
Can she travel to Pakistan for holidays and return to the UK without any problem
What is the difference between ILE and ILR
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
ILE and ILR are the same. You do not need to do anything as long as your mother is now in the UK, her. ILE has become ILR.
She may apply for British Citizenship if she has lived here for 5 years or more. She does not have to if she does not want to.
She may leave the UK and come back anytime provided she has not been out of the UK for 2 years or more.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm not clear about the last sentence..... she may leave the UK and come back anytime provided she has not been out of the UK for 2 years or more!

She has travelled to Pakistan twice since entering the UK in May 2012, but each time for less than 90 days.

She intends to visit Pakistan again for less than 90 days but I wasnt sure if she can go, as her ILE stamped on visa was May 2014

She cannot be out of the UK for 2 years at a time. If her visits are for 90 days, that is within the 2 years permitted period.
If she is out of the UK for 2 years or more, she loses her ILR status.
Yes, she is free to visit Pakistan now, she has ILR status as her ILE became ILR the moment she entered the UK.
All the best