UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Alice. I am applying tier 2 visa. I overstayed in

Hi Alice.
I am applying for UK tier 2 visa. I overstayed in Bangladesh in the year 2007 for 11 days. Now is it going to affect my Tier2 visa application? DO I need to mention this?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

No, it should not affect your UK visa application and you do not need to declare it if not asked.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your reply. But it was actually mentioned in my passport where the Bangladesh Departure was stampped. I am afraid if there is any chance that the entry clearance officer spot this. Will it be treated as a deportation?

If you are not asked about this in the application form, you do not need to declare it and you do not need to worry about it.

It will not affect your UK visa application as Bangladesh and the UK are separate countries and do not have the same immigration laws.

As long as you comply with UK immigration laws, you are fine.

All the best