Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I need some advice regarding a south African housekeeper employed by me in already in sout

I need some advice regarding a south African housekeeper employed by me in already in south Africa but I am in uk.can you help me with that. I have a house in south Africa and have employed my housekeeper there for about 9 years with a break in between.In 2007 I bought her to uk with me to work as a domestic worker here in as we where living back home again here for a couple of years.She had a domestic workers visa for the first year and then it was renewed for a second year.The visa was endorsed to work for me only.During the second year she met a south African lady here who promised her car, flat etc and she left me one day and then disappeared with this lady.She was subsequently picked up by immigration a couple of weeks later after I informed them she was no longer with me and she was taken to a detention centre and put back on a plane to south Africa.We returned to south Africa and sorted this out and she continued to work for me there again and still does.This was in 2008.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
When she was put on a plane, who paid for the flight ticket back to SA?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tom

Presume it was immigration or government as she did not pay for it or me.

Susan

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
If it is the case that she had her ticket paid for by the state then she should have received an entry ban of 2 years (at least). Any application that she made befor the ban expired would be automatically rejected.
Even if the ban had expired, then the home office would still be able to take the breach of overstaying in to account when "considering" any application that she now chose to make. Effectively, this would mean that the overwheling possibility would be that the application would be rejected.
Practially speaking I would say that she is extremely unlikely to be able to secure any type of visa, apart from ones in which human rights apply and this is not a case where they do because there is no familial relationship applicable here.
I am sorry, but it's highly unlikely that she would be accepted now
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tom, thank you.Would this be a holiday visa as well?

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Yes, basically it would be for any type of visa other than a spouse visa or a visa based on a child of hers who is in the UK.
I am sorry.
Kind regards,
Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom