UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

CHILD BORN TO A PR HOLDER IN UK ,MAY APPLY BRITISH CITIZENSHIP.IF

CHILD BORN TO A PR HOLDER IN UK ,MAY APPLY FOR A BRITISH CITIZENSHIP.IF THE CHILD LEAVES UK WITH THE MOTHER ON THE MOTHER'S PASSPORT FOR ANY DURATION, WOULD THE CHILD BE ENTITLED TO BRITISH CITIZENSHIP
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

If the child is born in the UK and either parent has indefinite leave to remain, the child is automatically British and entitled to a British passport.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My question was if the child is born in Uk to a PR and returns to the mothers home country for any duration on the mothers passport and subsequently returns to UK is the child eligible for a uk passport.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my question was if the child is born in UK to a PR and leaves UK on the mother's passport for any duration and returns to UK is the child eligible for a British passport.

The child is eligible for a UK passport at any time as a British Citizen.

It does not matter that the child exits the UK on the mother's passport.