UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

i entered through the port of Tyne yesterday on a US passport.

Customer Question

i entered through the port of Tyne yesterday on a US passport. i am also a british citizen. i put on my boarding card my visit was to be 6 months. the trip was a three day trip from the UK to Amsterdam. my last entry was jan 6,2015 to which i got a stamp for 6 month visitation in the uk. i am in process of getting my british passport as is my legal right. the officer revoked my original stamp of 6 months entry and ordered my departure in 90 days because he thought i was lying. i am still working on my UK passport, but can he legally order me out of the country, even if i dont get my british passport?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
If you are a British Citizen, you are not subject to immigration control in the UK and you cannot be kicked out simply because you have not got a UK passport.

It will obviously help you to get a UK passport to prove your claim to be a British Citizen. You should ignore the 90 days and 6 months entry stamps as a British citizen, you may reside in the UK without any restriction.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

who has the burden of proof at the port of entry to prove my citizenship, me or the government?

You.