Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My fiance is Iranian citizen,living in Iran. I am EU

HELLO
My fiance is Iranian citizen,living in Iran. I am EU citizen, settled in the UK.
He is going to immigrate to the UK and we are going to marry here.
Please advice me regarding all emigration procedure. How to make it easier and guaranteed.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
Have you cohabited (ie. lived together0 for any period of time? If so, how long and for what period?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No we haven't lived together.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
How long have you been in a relationship for please?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For half a year.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Drafting your answer now. 5 mins.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Unfortunately, because of the length of time that you have been in a relationship and the fact that you have not lived together he cannot apply to come here on the basis of your relationship as it is.
There is also no EEA equivalent of a fiance visa, which allows a person to come to the UK in order to marry and settle here permanently.
This means that the quickest, most efficient way forward would be for you to marry outside of the UK. Thereafter he would then return to his home country and submit an application for an EEA family permit. Information on this is contained here:
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview
Once he has come to the UK on his family permit he will be eligible to apply to the Home Office for a residence card which confirms his right of residence in the UK on the basis of your marriage:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/documents-family/applying/
It will either take the form of an endorsement in his passport or as a separate immigration status documents confirming his right to reside here for 5 years.
At the end of this time he will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence here if he wishes and has not spent significant time outside the UK.
Because the length of your relationship is not that long you need to be able to submit a lot of documentary evidence proving the credibility of your relationship in order to show that the application is genuine.
Basically, I would not proceed unless you have a solicitor acting on your behalf who has taken a look at all of your documents in person and confirmed that they are sufficient. I would certainly instruct a solicitor before you actually marry because if there are likely to be any problems with the documents that you are able to pull together then you want to know before you marry, rather than after.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Thomas!!
I am totally satisfied with your answer.
May I ask further questionbs regarding this later.?