Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

, Actually i have been in UK years now, i have been

Customer Question

Hi, Actually i have been in UK for 10 years now, i have been here 7 years on student visa, two years on PSW and one year on 3c/3d while on appeal. My application was rejected by home office for further extension. I appealed against the decision in the tribunal which was rejected, then i appealed against the decision in the upper tribunal. Now i have completed my legal 10 years continuous residence in UK while on appeal at upper tribunal. I have completed my legal 10 years continuous residence in UK last week but the same week i have received a reply from upper tribunal that i have sent my appeal one day late and its out of time, so the judge have refused the extension on my appeal and the judge also said, had i extended time I would nevertheless have refused permission; the grounds being unarguable. My case was being handled by my solicitor who send my appeal one day late, i do not know intentionally or unintentionally. When i asked him the reason why he appealed one day late, he said that we had to appealed within 14 days and we thought its 14 working days not full week days but the judge says its not working days. As it is not my fault at all, its my solicitor fault. now he has send my ILR (indefinite leave to remain) application based on 10 years residence to home office and has also appealed in the judiciary, asking them that upper tribunal should have considered my client application. MY QUESTION IS TO YOU, SENDING OUT OF TIME APPEAL TO THE UPPER TRIBUNAL HAVE BROKEN MY CONTINUOUS RESIDENCE IN THE UK? i I look forward to your response. many thanks

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can wait few more days.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's better to close, if you can't find someone..