Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I have three children with my partner is that prove enough

I have three children with my partner is that prove enough for aur relationship to be genuine as im subject to immigration last year for that matter I really wanted to get married to be in my family my partner is European national working fulltime in the UK I have no right in UK at time being

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
What nationality are you please?
What nationality is the father of your children (EEA??
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my nationality is somali the father of my children his German national we are together about 7 years but not married in the low

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. How long have you physically lived together in the same property in a relationship for please?
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we lived together since 2008 to 2012 we had break till 2014 September we are now together since

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Were you still in a loving relationship between 2012 to 2014 even if you were not living together?
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes he was taking care of our kids but not living in same house at that time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes he was taking care of our kids but not living in same house at that time separated in each others

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If you have been in a relationship for that length of time and you were similar to married couple then you may be able to apply now for an EEA residence card. If you were to marry then you would certainly be able to apply and the application would be a lot less controversial.
The difficulty with applying without being married is the gap when you were not living together. In in order to get a residence card when you are unmarried you have to show that you are in a “durable relationship” with an EEA national, this generally means that you must be able to show that you lived together for two years immediately before the application but there is a small level of flexibility.
The gap is a bit of a problem but having regard to the previous length of relationship I would say that provided you have lived together for a year up to this point then I would consider applying on this basis, given that it will probably take you two months to apply by the time you have gathered your documentation proving the relationship.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much about the good service my question was can I get married to my partner because we wanted to get married

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Yes, provided that you can prove you identities and addresses to the registrar then they will be able to marry you.
Good luck.
Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.
Tom