UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am eligible plan to apply next week. One

Customer Question

I am eligible for and plan to apply for ILR next week. One of the ILR requirements ask that I show proof of any absences outside the UK including annual leave. I took a couple of weeks off a few months ago to go outside the UK for personal purposes. My employer has given me a letter confirming that I am entitled to 25 days annual leave. However, the letter does not contain any mention of dates. My question is - is the letter from my employer expected to confirm the dates or is the current sentence sufficient?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Many thanks for getting in touch. I'm fine to wait a little longer.

Best regards

Kiran

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

In case it helps to find the right expert, I wanted to add that my query is regarding immigration law.

Best regards

Kiran

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
The letter must state the dates you were absent and the purpose of the visit, this is because the home office want to ensure that you left the UK with the employers permission and it was part of your annual leave.
Provided the above information is in the letter this would be sufficient for the home office.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.